Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the fastest-growing airline in the world. We connect more than 150 destinations on the map every day, with a fleet of the latest-generation aircraft, and an unrivalled level of service from our home and hub, the state-of-the-art Hamad International Airport in Doha, the State of Qatar.
Travel today involves a mix of short, medium and long-haul segments, with more people travelling than ever before. With the breadth of network coverage today, virtually no destination is unreachable. This is why the commitment to service is paramount; as our guests are travelling farther and more frequently than ever before, the experience on board is an important part of the journey itself.
Since our launch in 1997, Qatar Airways has earned many awards and accolades, becoming one of an elite group of airlines worldwide to have earned a 5-star rating by Skytrax. Voted Airline of the Year by Skytrax in 2011, 2012 and most recently in 2015, Qatar Airways has won the confidence of the travelling public. We have accomplished these goals by focusing on the details – how we run the business, and how you experience our airline.
Job Description & Qualifications
In this role, you will be part of our team responsible to design, develop and deploy applications on Big Data Analytics platform. You will be involved in various phases of project life cycle including requirements analysis, development, testing, quality assurance and support. You must assist team in any production issues reported for problem analysis and resolve in timely manner.
To be successful in the role you must hold a degree in Engineering/ Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Sciences. You must have at least 2+ years’ of experience in development projects and/or handling support of large systems.
You must have hands on experience in one or more technologies mentioned below,
· Proficiency with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS
· Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
· Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
· Experience with Spark
· Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
· Experience with Scala, C#, Java or Python
· Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
· Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
· Experience with Big Data Machine learning toolkits, such as Mahout, MLlib, SparkML, or H2O
· Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks
· Experience with developing interactive, advanced analytics and/or BI
· Advanced proficiency in data visualization tools with a strong grasp of effective data modeling and visualization practices (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik)
· Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume