Imagine a company of all cultures and races, operating in virtually every major country across the globe, sharing knowledge, and working as one team with one vision: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. That’s General Motors Company. Now imagine working in this exciting, diverse environment, where the emphasis is on valuing the ideas and creativity of a young, talented, multicultural workforce. That’s General Motors Middle East Operations.
Creating and maintaining an environment that naturally enables employees, suppliers, dealers, and communities to fully contribute to our pursuit of total customer enthusiasm is one of our primary goals. Why? Simply because it assures the strongest, most creative contribution from individuals and because the competition demands it. The world today is smaller and more interrelated than ever before. New economic and demographic forces are changing the entire planet into one giant global village, and that means unprecedented career opportunities for talented people of any age, ethnic background or gender. The only requirement to succeed is the skill to appreciate and capitalize on diversity, hard work, energy, and new ideas.
But diversity is more than just people - it’s diversity of career choices, too. Here you’ll find an organization where career movement across organizational boundaries and divisions is encouraged. Where there are no boxes - only opportunities.
We at General Motors are excited about our industry and welcome the challenges of the future. Because we know new ideas can come from anywhere in the organization–and from anyone. Why not you?
Dubai World Trade Centre, 30 and 31st floors
Digital Marketing Operations Executive
Job Description & Qualifications
The position is responsible for the implementation of integrated Digital and Social Marketing programs to support in achieving superior online customer experience and deliver world-class Learning, Shopping and Buying experiences at every digital interaction.
They will own and manage multiple digital implementation projects, monitor project progress, conduct QA (Quality Assurance) reviews, resolve implementation related issues, enforce standards (Brand Corporate Identity and User Experience), communicate between and manage both GM stakeholders (internal and dealer) and agencies, provide project status updates to direct Manager, and the successful deployment of projects.
The individual will work cross-functionally internally and across the Dealer and agency network to ensure sound implementation of digital projects at a world-class level. Brands in scope are Chevrolet and GMC.
Digital Brand and Retail Campaign Implementation
• Resource planning to ensure availability of resources/stakeholders for timely approval and delivery
• Manage all aspects of the implementation project plan to ensure successful deployment (facilitates, tracks, monitors, define milestones, timelines and deliverables)
• Manage and meet changing requirements of projects
• Conduct QA reviews across multiple digital assets (owned and paid) and ensure optimal delivery in both languages (English & Arabic).
• All approvals to be managed through Proof HQ (online approval system).
• Resolve process and technical issues (and escalate if required) to ensure timely delivery
• Enforce implementation of standards (CI and UX)
• Compile status documentation and communicate to direct Manager
• Compile documentation for Customer Contact Centre for them to manage campaign queries
• Coordinate transfer of assets between brand and dealer agencies
• Manage implementation of retail campaigns on respective dealer sites in liaison with Dealer agency
• Manage a coordinated deployment between brand and dealer retail campaigns
• Manage asset distribution within dealer network
• Project close-out reporting
• Weekly brand report facilitation
Website content QA/Maintenance
• Work closely with multi-disciplinary team members to understand and define pre and post deployment requirements (scope)
• Conduct QA process across country and dealer network sites
• Testing includes manual and functional (functional testing where form testing is required in collaboration with agency partner)
• Document defects and timely resolution management of them
• Status reporting
Search and Social Inspections
• Conduct spot checks on Search and Social implementation
• Document deviations and escalate to respective business owner
• Status reporting
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least 3 years’ experience in digital/marketing/agency/communications industry
• Experience Certification an asset
• Automotive and Dealer specific experience would be good but non-auto experience is also acceptable in the area of Digital Marketing
• Digital Marketing strategies and knowledge of trends
• Knowledge of online UX to ensure implementation with the customer at the center of what is delivered
• Fluency in Arabic is mandatory
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications or equivalent education
• Project management skills
• Implementation skills and pragmatic approach (Quality Assurance, testing, etc.)
• Ability to drive implementation of projects across many variables
• Strong communication skills; capable of understanding and interpreting digital marketing, technical and deployment processes
• Ability to articulate requirements in a simple yet effective manner for ease of understanding and onboarding
• Pragmatic, practical approach to quick wins
• Results driven to ensure implementation.
• Ability to work well with teams to gain their feedback and work in a coordinated manner
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.