GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
Research is vitally important to the success of our business, and we spent £3.4 billion in 2013 in our search to develop new medicines, vaccines and innovative consumer products. We are one of the few healthcare companies researching medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
Regional Category Manager R&D
Job Description & Qualifications
• Full knowledge to deal with Microsoft tools
• Bachelor Degree
• Special skill on Excel , pivot tables, and databases understanding
• Understand of ERP´s dynamics.
• Use of Strategic Thinking to build relationship (with stakeholders and suppliers) and create sourcing plans
• Strong knowledge of Marketing Procurement
• Managing fast, efficient and transparent information flows
• Solve issues/blockage, beware of risks, support implementation and robustly forecast spend and saving
• Ability to plan strategies & lead high level negotiations for long term and/or multi-countries high value contracts
Strategy creation & execution
• Create comprehensive sourcing strategy for the region for spend categories in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly regional and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the Regional and Global Category Leaders to ensure full alignment with regional and global strategies
• Have a clear understanding of how regional strategies affect their local market and the fit with global strategy. Build an education & communication process for in-country Procurement leads and business units
• Be the regional expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
• Deliver approved source plans for 100% of all preferred suppliers and categories of expenditure.
• Deliver regional benefits identified in global and regional strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
• Deliver local and in country benefits ensuring local and in country Finance and affected business units are fully engaged
• Create and deliver effective regional budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global and regional budgets
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Influence key regional stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in global and regional supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective regional specific contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global and regional supplier negotiations and contracts
• Lead regional supply base and strategy reviews.
• Set direction & inspire
• Work across boundaries
• Release energy
• Develop capability & talent
• Drive performance
• Live our values
(Senior) Recruitment Consultant
Job Description & Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor Degree or above
- Experience: At least 3 years working experience in recruitment, pharmaceutical industry
background is preferred
1. Interview skill
2. Time management skill
3. Interpersonal skill
4. Oral and written communication skill in both English and Mandarin Chinese
5. Basic coaching skill
1. Customer focus
2. Information search
3. Continuous improvement
1. Deliver recruitment service to diversified BUs in an efficient and effective way to meet business and organization development needs;
2. Ensure recruitment related policy, process, procedure and program to be implemented and complied in daily operation;
3. Assist recruitment manager on first line managers’ knowledge and skills development around recruitment related policy, procedure and skill.
1. Participate recruitment activities initiated by the team and deliver recruitment service to line managers on the positions of D3 and below;
2. Keep close communication with hiring manager to understand the job requirement, write job advertisement with hiring manager, provide advice to hiring manager about sourcing channel, and define the necessary test and interview panel with hiring manager;
3. Coach researcher on candidate sourcing, CV screening and interview logistics;
4. Conduct interview, facilitate the interview panel discussion and provide valuable advice to hiring managers to ensure the hiring quality;
5. Build candidate pool for responsible positions and track the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruitment channels by maintaining ATS (Applicant Tracking System) and completing the relevant reports;
6. Assist recruitment manager to provide training or coaching to first line managers around recruitment related policy, procedure and skill to ensure line managers fully comply with the policy and procedure;
7. Understand external talent market movement and collect valuable information through interview or other legal channels;
8. Participate or lead specific project as assigned
Job Description & Qualifications
• MSc, Ph.D. or equivalent, major in biology, medicine, neurobiology, biochemistry or related sciences
• Knowledge and experience of stem and iPSC cells, cell biology or related areas.
• Knowledge or experience of drug delivery technology.
• Knowledge of antibodies or related biochemistry and biology
• Good communication skills (e.g., writing, speaking).
• Experience working across departmental lines.
• Cell cultures, Molecular technical skills (RT-PCR, qPCR), immunocytochemistry, Western blotting, ELISA, fluorescence imaging. May include prior experience developing novel scientific approaches for drug delivery
• Networking skills across different functional lines
• Able to communicate findings to department and/or other internal groups.
• Support and develop others through team work by sharing their technical experience and knowledge with others in the technology science or broader stakeholders.
MSc, Ph.D. or equivalent, variety of skills related to cell and molecular biology, drug transport and metabolism or related areas with application to drug delivery
• Conduct the experiments to differentiate ES/iPSC into endothelial cells or/and astroglial cells and pericytes and to characterize the phenotype of the cells
• Conduct the experiments to induce the blood-brain barrier (BBB) phenotype of the endothelial cells by co-culture of endothelial cells with astroglial cells, pericytes, and neural progenitor cells.
• Conduct the experiments to characterize in vitro BBB models including drug transport assays and related biochemical assays.
• Contribute to the development of BBB drug delivery technologies
• Perform the experiments for therapeutic delivery across the BBB and to test drug delivery technologies
• Be expected to plan, conduct and report experiments with limited supervision.
• May interact with multifunctional discovery groups to support other projects. Present and communicate experimental plans, results, conclusions and project implications to internal groups, project team and external groups.
• Contribute to a positive and safe work environment that fosters teamwork, innovation and people development.
• Perform key ‘housekeeping’ activities and complete training as required.