Ernst & Young′s people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, advisory, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone′s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada′s top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
Law Clerk - US Business Immigration
Job Description & Qualifications
We are currently seeking a Law Clerk (Paralegal) to support multiple and challenging US business immigration engagements and to contribute to the delivery of solutions and ideas for our diverse institutional clients
In this role, the Law Clerk will be involved in the following:
- Learn basic immigration processing categories and requirements for each category
- On instruction from the lawyer, research current processing requirements at service centres/consulates etc.
- Collect information from HR contact and applicant
- Using available resources, draft complete application packages for review by the supervising lawyer
- Make revisions to drafts
- Ensure that applications are filed in a timely manner
- Meet with lawyers to discuss questions raised by the client and then relate information back to the HR contact/applicant
- Draft emails in response to queries by clients
- Delegate appropriate work to legal assistants, such as: typing of forms, copying of documents, and sending out packages
- Follow up with immigration authorities on pending applications
- Enter expiration dates for applicants' status in tracking system
- Notify clients of upcoming extensions
Communicating with other professional and support staff at EY Law LLP:
- Ensure that lawyers are at all times advised of client related issues that come to the attention of the law clerk
- Participate actively in meetings of the professional staff of EY Law LLP Professional Development: may be required to attend seminars and professional development courses that are relevant to his/her area of specialty
- Undergraduate university degree or equivalent related work experience
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- 2+ years of US Business Immigration experience is preferred
- Prior experience preparing PERMs for a high volume client is a plus
- EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility.
- We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Immigration Support Specialist
Job Description & Qualifications
The role of Immigration Support involves day-to-day support to the staff, senior and management team in all aspects of Business Immigration client accounts. The activities will fall under the supervision of the Staff, Senior or Manager and range from gathering and inputting data, creating files to drafting entry level applications on behalf of the team. Additional responsibilities include providing support for billing processes and reviewing invoices for accuracy.
The Immigration Support role will be supervised and have limited contact with corporate clients. The individual in this role must have a very good grasp of technology used for producing reports and stats, in addition to strong organisational skills.
- Using standard email directory to draft letters for team to government authorities and clients
- Creating and maintaining standard letter directory
- Answering telephone, dealing with straightforward queries, taking detailed messages and forwarding to team
- Providing ad hoc support to team members when working on projects, document production, etc.
- Preparation of standard application forms
- Photocopying correspondence and documents
- Compiling and collating application package
- Arranging and monitoring couriers
- General filing of client documents and file retrieval
- Accessing email and voicemail for team in their absence
- Drafting of basic visa applications and supporting documentation
- Assisting with Immigration Law Clerk caseload as required in their absence
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong command of English language
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Administrative, Clerical, and/or Customer Service experience is highly preferred
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to deliver accurately to tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a high pressured and time sensitive environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work within a team
- Initiative and self-motivated
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Some client service experience is desirable
- Ability to assimilate and apply skills to new client accounts